The Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry was established in 1948 as the first institute of the Northeast after the founding of People’s Republic of China. It was developed on the basis of the Continental Academy of Sciences, which was founded during the Japanese Aggression against China.
CIAC has made significant contributions to scientific discovery, national defense and economic development since its founding. As a multidiscipline chemical research institute covering fundamental research, applied research and strategic high-tech development, CIAC has become an important base for research and innovation, as well as nurture of talents in the chemistry field.
Over the past six decades, CIAC scientists have obtained over 1,800 achievements, received more than 400 awards from the nation, CAS, various provinces and ministries, patented more than 1300 research results and published over 9000 SCI journal papers. The institute has continuously been ranked top five among domestic research institutions in terms of the numbers of SCI publications and the citations, as well as the numbers of patents registered and granted.
Currently there are over 900 employees at CIAC, including seven CAS academicians and three TWAS academicians. Four scientists on its faculty were selected into the “National High-Level Personnel of Special Support Program ("Ten Thousand Talents Plan ")", ten were recruited through the “Recruitment Program of Global Experts” (“Thousand Talents Plan”). 40 CIAC scientists were funded by the CAS “Hundred Talents Program” and 22 won the “National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars”.
Polymer chemistry and physics, inorganic chemistry, analytical chemistry, organic chemistry, physical chemistry, chemical engineering and process, applied chemistry, electrochemistry, chemical biology, biochemical engineering, biomass utilization, polymer eco-materials, metallurgy, hydrometallurgy, catalysis, and rare earth related area.
Positions and Supporting Policies
1. The “Thousand Talents Program” Scientists
(1) Long Term Talents: The employee shall receive a personal funding package of 1 million RMB from the nation’s central budget and 3 million RMB from CAS special talents funds.
(2) Short Term Talents: The employee shall receive a personal funding package of 0.5 million RMB from the nation’s central budget.
(3) Young Talents: The employee shall receive a research funding package of 1 million to 3 million RMB, a personal funding package of 0.5 million RMB from the nation’s central budget and 0.5 million RMB from CAS special talents funds.
(4) Foreign Experts: The employee shall receive a research funding package of 3 million to 5 million RMB and a personal funding package of 1 million RMB from the nation’s central budget.
2. The “Hundred Talents Program” Scientists
(1) Academic Leaders (A-Class of the “Hundred Talents Program”):
CAS will allocate a funding package of 7million RMB to the Academic Leaders and 1 million RMB to cover the infrastructure construction.
(2) Technological excellence (B-Class of the “Hundred Talents Program”)
A technological Excellence will get the package of 1-2 million RMB and an infrastructure construction funding of 0.6 million RMB from CAS.
(3) Young Talents (C-Class of the “Hundred Talents Program”)
CAS will allocate a funding package of 0.8 million RMB for the Young Talents and after a period of time, the young talents will be reviewed and selectively supported by officially recruited in the “Hundred Talent Program” with a funding package of 2 million RMB and an infrastructure construction funding of 0.6 million RMB from CAS.
CIAC will also provide extra start-up funding, settling-in allowance and housing allowance for these employees.
How to apply
For those who are interested in the applications, please feel free to contact us for further information. The Personnel Department of CIAC will be glad to receive your applications.
(Application forms can be downloaded from the following website. http://www.ciac.cas.cn/rcjy/rczp/hr_bgxz/201604/t20160412_4581733.html )
Please send your applications to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mr. YI Zhuo Tel: +86-431-85262700 Email: email@example.com
Mr. WANG Yunzhe Tel: +86-431-85262195 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org