Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences was founded in 1948.The original institute was built on the basis of Continental Academy of Sciences, which was established by the Japanese during the Japan's War of Aggression against China in the 1930s. In 1948, she was called Northeast Industrial Research Institute, and in 1949, changed to Northeast Science Research Institute. In 1952, she became an institute of Chinese Academy of Sciences, and her new name, Changchun Comprehensive Research Institute had been used for two years until Institute of Applied Chemistry of Chinese Academy of Sciences was set up.
From 1967 to 1970, she also went through several name changes because of the nation’s need and emphasis on special subjects.
In 1978, the institute took the current name.
the Continental Academy of Sciences
Over the past sixty years, CIAC has made significant contributions to scientific discovery, national defense and economic development. The following figures and facts may help understanding of its role in China's science and technology field.
2009-2017 Changchun Institute Of Applied Chemistry, Chinese Academy Of Sciences, All